Series 7 professional digital force gauges are designed with a number of sophisticated features for the most demanding tension and compression measurement applications, up to 500 lbF (2500 N). The gauges feature ±0.1% accuracy and a blazingly fast, industry-leading sampling rate of 14,000 Hz, producing reliable results for extremely quick-action tests.
Series 7 gauges include all the functions of Series 5 gauges, with several additional features, including high speed continuous data capture and storage, with memory for up to 5,000 readings, at an acquisition rate of up to 14,000 Hz. The gauges also feature programmable footswitch sequencing, break detection, and 1st / 2nd peak detection. Series 7 includes a coefficient of friction unit of measurement and user-defined unit of measurement. For productivity enhancement, the gauges also feature automatic data output, data storage, and zeroing functions upon the completion of break detection, averaging, external trigger, and 1st / 2nd peak detection.
Series 7 force gauges are directly compatible with Mark-10 test stands, including the ESM301, to permit functions such as break testing, tensile testing, compression testing, dynamic load holding, PC control capability, and many other applications.
The gauges include MESURTM Lite data acquisition software. MESURTM Lite tabulates continuous or single point data. One-click export to Excel allows for further data manipulation.
High Speed Data Capture & Storage
>> Series 7 can capture and store up to 5,000 continuous data points at a rate of up to 14,000 readings per second. This unique function is ideal for capturing switch activation forces, sharp breaks, and other short-duration applications. Configurable start and stop triggers are provided. The data acquisition rate is variable and can be slowed to also capture longer events, such as structure relaxation, material expansion, and others.
Data from the storage buffer can be exported to data collection software such as MESURTMgauge for further analysis and graphing. Using a Series 7 gauge could replace cumbersome and expensive data acquisition hardware and software.
Footswitch Command String
>> Integrate your footswitch / automation system with a Series 7 gauge to improve testing ergonomics and efficiency; no need for multiple key presses. Up to three steps may be programmed for a single footswitch activation.
Select from several commands, including request peak reading, zero the display, save to memory, and others. Time delays can be inserted between each step.
Automatic Data Output / Save / Zero / I/O Pin Toggle
>> Upon completion of several event types, the Series 7 can perform the following productivity-enhancing functions:
- Automatically save the peak reading to memory.
- Transmit the peak reading via USB, RS-232, or Mitutoyo output.
- Zero the display.
- Toggle an I/O pin, for example to stop movement of an ESM301/ESM301L test stand.
Applicable events include:
- Sample break detection (also applicable to samples which slip, click, or otherwise reach a peak, then fall).
- Completion of an averaging sequence.
- External trigger (ex. switch activation).
- 1st / 2nd peak capture (ex. tensile testing).
User-defined Unit of Measurement
>> Series 7 gauges display 6 standard units of measurement. One additional user-defined unit is provided for unique applications. A base unit is specified, along with a multiplier, and 5-character name. Typical applications:
- To measure the torque produced by pressing on a lever in a mechanical assembly, configure the multiplier based on the length of the lever, thereby converting a unit such as N into Ncm.
- To measure the pressure produced by a circular compression plate on a foam sample, configure the multiplier based on the area of the plate, thereby converting a unit such as lbF into psi.
High-speed 14,000 Hz sampling rate
- Continous data capture of up to 5,000 data points, at up to 14,000 Hz, downloadable to a PC
- Individual data point memory for up to 5,000 data points, downloadable to a PC
- USB, RS-232, Mitutoyo, and analog outputs
- Sample break detection with auto functions, including stopping movement on the ESM301(L) test stand
- 1st / 2nd peak detection
- Automatic output / data storage / zeroing upon various event completions
- 5 units of measurement, plus Coefficient of Friction, and user-defined unit with configurable name
- Programmable footswitch command string
- Programmable set points, with indicators and outputs
- Averaging mode – calculates average readings over time
- External trigger mode – for switch contact testing or remotely stopping display update
- Password protection, configurable for individual keys and calibration