The Straightpoint COLT is a lightweight guy wire tension meter for fast and accurate measurement of wire rope tensions up to 11,000lbf/5000 kgf and up to 1”/25mm diameter. Manufactured using an integral, high accuracy, Bluetooth module the COLT transmits load data wirelessly to any smart device running our Android or iOS app.
Tension wire measure for rigging towers, guy wires, overhead lines, zip lines, elevator hoists, guard rails or architectural cables or any wire tension to ensure safety and correct operation.
Constructed from aerospace grade aluminum the COLT digital tensionmeter is lightweight and easy to handle and operates on wires that are already under tension. Once in place it allows the operator to quickly check tension on cables or wire ropes set at any angle.
A built in smart device holder allows the COLT to be used as a traditional tension meter with on board display or the smartphone maybe handheld or mounted elsewhere.
Supplied in a purpose made carry case the COLT is portable and utilizes standard alkaline batteries making this perfect for on-site cable tension measurement across the world.
- Unlimited wire rope calibration database via Android or iOS app
- Main swivel joints fitted with high quality bearings
- Lever ratio of 5.3:1 allows effortless, safe, clamping onto pre-tensioned wire ropes
- Wireless Bluetooth enabling operator to stand at safe distance if needed
- Quick intuitive adjustable center sheave makes changing wire rope sizes fast and easy
- No easily broken external antenna
- High waterproof resistant design for all weather use
- Massive battery life of 2400 hours operational time
- As the library of wire rope diameters and constructions is increased each app user will benefit when they update and receive any new data.
SUPPLIED WITH THE FOLLOWING AS STANDARD
- Proof test certificate
- Operator Manual
- Carry/Storage Case
- Guy wire maintenance on cell towers, bridges, stacks, antennas & masts.
- Guy Tension & Tower Alignment
- Guy Tower Plumb & Tension
- Testing for plumb and tension on cell towers
- Guyed tower installation tips
- Guyed tower deployment
- EHS guy wire, Turnbuckle tensioner.
- Wire rope installations, comparing, equalizing & measuring
- Median cable barrier tensioning
- Utility cable overhead line monitoring
- Elevator hoist, governor & compensating wire rope maintenance
- Zip lines & assault course testing
- Fall arrest systems
- Metro, tram and rail transit electric wires & catenary testing
- Ski lifts
- Wire rope tied downs on vessels (using Tirfor)
- Testing tension of ship mast wire ropes
Current Avaliable Wire Sizes