Intelligent Performance No Matter How Difficult The Task
Explorer delivers accurate results within seconds, improving operator efficiency, productivity and throughput, with a stabilization time up to 50% faster. Features include Fast stabilization time – Intuitive SOFTWARE – Ingenious DRAFTSHIELD – Practical TOUCHLESS SENSORS – intelligent calibration and more.
Note: The side doors are automatically controlled by the touchless sensors when you add the AD option.
SmarText™ 2.0 is OHAUS’ easy-to-use graphical software featuring 14 applications, QWERTY and numeric keypads, and below-minimum weight indication.
- Color VGA display with icons for simple menu navigation
- High resolution, 5.7 in (145 mm) color TFT display reproduces highly readable operating software
- Resistive touch screen display quickly responds to operator’s touch or stylus
- 14 built-in applications with customization capabilities to meet the varying needs in laboratory and industrial settings
- Minimum Weight capability with visual warning feature
- QWERTY keyboard and numeric keypad to quickly input GLP and GMP data and other application data
- User Manager with administrator capability
- Library function to store and recall customized applications
- Alternate RS232 command feature adapts the balance to existing data acquisition software
- External input for zero, tare or print operations via the external foot switch accessory
- Audible and visual feedback for button presses as well as the indication of the check weighing status
The all-new Explorer® Series of Analytical and Precision balances — a product so extraordinary, it’s like nothing you’ve seen before!
Explorer’s draftshield provides ample access and visibility to the weighing chamber and features antistatic coated glass
- Frameless, flip-top design provides unobstructed access to the weighing chamber
- The expansive side entry 6.3 x 9.4 in (160mm x 240mm) allows you to freely place and remove large weigh boats or other large vessels in the weighing chamber
- Antistatic coated glass helps dissipate static charges in the weighing chamber that could adversely affect the weighing results
- Side doors seamlessly glide on top-mounted bearings, helping to prevent any potential bind up when balance is left uncleaned
- Easy to install and remove glass panels and a stainless steel bottom make Explorer extremely easy to clean
- A draftshield chamber light is available when the balance is used in low-lighting environments
Practical TOUCHLESS SENSORS
Explorer features four touchless sensors for hands-free operation of print, calibration, tare, and other selectable functions
- Hands-free operation
- Improves weighing efficiency
- Eliminates sample residue transfer
- Minimizes contamination
- Two sensors on the base and two on the display can be set up individually to allow for remote operations
Completely re-imagined from the ground up, the OHAUS Explorer® rises to a whole new level.
AutoCal™ ensures performance and assists with routine maintenance by automatically calibrating the balance daily
- Fully-automatic internal calibration system
- No need for external masses
- Eliminates cost to maintain external weights
- Self-calibrates the system when it senses a temperature change sufficient enough to affect weighing accuracy, or every 11 hours
Intuitive user setup
Explorer is the industry’s most easy-to-use balance, featuring leveling assistance and instructional messaging for quick out-of-the-box setup and use.
- Easy to view illuminated level indicator placed at the front of the balance
- Adjustable thumbwheels are easy to turn to level the balance
- Level assist screen helps users to quickly identify which thumbwheels need to be adjusted to level the balance
- Data Transfer Function helps to output data directly into Microsoft Excel
- Instructional messaging during applications use guides users through the weighing process
- User information menu allows users to quickly view and learn more about the available balances features
- Up to 11 operating languages make Explorer’s Intuitive User Setup truly universal
The Explorer® is a revolutionary shift in the way users interact and operate a weighing instrument, all based on our ingeniously practical design philosophy
Ingenious modular design
Explorer’s modular design features a color touch display that can be separated from the weighing base.
- Display features:
- Angular adjustment to optimize viewing
- Easy access communication ports including standard USB and RS232 and an optional third port of either RS232 or Ethernet
- Left and right side cable exit feature for customized installation capability
- Tower and wall mount ready for modular installation
- In-use cover for protection against rugged use
- Extension cable accessory extends remote use up to 10 feet
- Base features:
- QuadraStance™ design with four adjustable thumbwheels provides superior stability
- Robust die-cast metal bottom housing
- Accessory tower mount ready for modular installation
- Cable storage system
Practical approvals* (Pending)
Explorer is designed and engineered to meet stringent NTEP requirements for use in legal applications such as pharmacies, jewelry stores and retail outlets.
The Explorer has been designed to meet or exceed the Class I and II accuracy requirements in accordance with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Handbook 44.
In addition to being designed to meet or exceed the Class I and II accuracy requirements for a prescription balance, the Explorer will also be approved for Counting for Prescription Filling. Explorer will make it easy to comply with the regulations requiring that an approved balance be installed in every operating pharmacy.
Other Standard Features & Equipment:
Menu lock switch, security bracket, integral weigh below hook for below balance weighing applications, removable stainless steel weighing platform, stability indicator, overload and underload indicators, auto standby, powered by an ENERGY STAR® qualified adapter for a better environment.
The OHAUS Explorer’s advanced applications simplify even the most complex laboratory measurements. Whether it’s determining the difference between initial and residual weights or calculating the density of solids and liquids.
Explorer eliminates the need for time-consuming manual calculations and data logging. The high resolution display and innovative user interface make balance setup and application use effortless
- Weighing – Determine the weight of items in the selected unit of measure. Minimum Weight feature is also available.
- Percent Weighing – Measure the weight of a sample displayed as a percentage of a pre-established Reference Weight
- Dynamic Weighing – Weigh an unstable load. Balance takes an average of weights over a time period.
- Totalization – Measure cumulative weight of multiple items. Cumulative total may exceed Balance capacity
- Differential Weighing – Store sample weights and calculate the difference between initial weights and final weights
- Peak Hold – Capture and store highest weight in a series. Both stable and unstable weights are captured
- Parts Counting – Count samples of uniform weight. Choose Standard Counting, Check Counting, or Fill Counting
- Pipette Adjustment – Check pipette values by weight analysis, with built-in water density table
- Check Weighing – Compare the weight of a sample against target limits. Choose from Standard, Nominal-weight, or Nominal-Percent
- Filling – Fill a container to a target weight. Progress bar displays filling status
- Formulation – For compounding and recipe making. The number of components can be from two to 99.
- Density Determination – Determine density of solids more dense than water, solids less dense than water, liquids, or porous material.
- Ingredient Costing – Determine cost of formula or recipe based on known cost/quantity of components or ingredients.
- SQC – Monitor and/or control processes to eliminate under and over filling.